Sunday 18 January 2015

[Film] Birdman - Truth or Dare ?






After “Birdman”, I get why Shia Labeouf went crazy after “Transformer. To me, it’s more like the autobiography of Shia.  (I think he can film it when he is 50.)

An Actor or A Celebrity?
Can u tell the difference between the actor (or actress as well) and celebrity? Here is a tip will help get through to it.

An actor can act but a celebrity can’t.



Take a starlet for example, Paris Hilton. Do u agree that she can act? (If u agree, eh, well, I dunno what to say). However, no one would say “yeah, I’m a celebrity and u know what, I can act, as the best role I can play is being a blonde celebrity!”

Does it really matter that being an actor or a celebrity?

I think it does really matter to some actors or actress who actually can act but always labeled as lose-capability-of acting celebrities and can’t get rid of it. 


This happened on Riggan Thomson (the role Michael Keaton played in Birdman ) and Shia Labeouf. They both are the former blockbusters of series superhero movies and both wanted to prove that they can play and not the guy who always busy saving the earth. Yet, I think there is one thing they are not in common.

Riggan doesn’t want be forgot and Shia can’t find the balance between being an actor and celebrity (it’s clear that he went crazy eventually after filming the Transformer. Hopefully, he is back and becomes more powerful). 

It comes with another question. Does it really matter that u can’t be remembered by others? Tell me which one is the worst, be forgot by others or by urself? (And that’s is Julian Moore’s story)

According to Birdman. We are just a tiny paper of a long toilet paper. So what’s the matter! 


Truth or Dare
Which one is more adventurous or interesting, or let me rephrase it, which one is more like a coward’s choice, truth or dare?

To me, truth needs more courage.

Dare means u must have courage (or being shameless) to do something. Truth means u and ur company must have or prepare courage to deal with it and the evil consquences it may bring. What goes around comes around. 

Truth is a two-edged sword since it can give u power to face the music or make u heartbroken to death.

In birdman, truth was the former one and it did take the performance of Riggan to next level. No matter what his daughter or the witch-ish reviewer said to him, it did help him to face the truth and stopped him being as an old child.

So, Truth or Dare? (Come on, don’t be coward)  





By the way, Edward Norton’s BUTT extremely surprised me.

No comments:

Post a Comment