Sunday 26 October 2014

[Cover] David Beckham - Keep Running In His Trunk

David Legendary Beckham finally appears on the cover of fashion magazine, Another Man. It’s been a while not seem him on the cover yet in H&M bodywear campaign for instead.

 (I know, I know, it’s not a big news of him landing on the cover as his cover photo went viral on every fashion website. However, I bought it from bookstore then went to theater and dinner then went home, to wit, my poor shoulders and hands carried this as heavy as a dictionary through half of the city, I have to write something about it or poor them would kill me.)


A Beacon (bacon)?
The soccer-player-turn-fashion-icon-turn-role-model (like a transformer, right? ) legendary David Beckham is lensed by Collier Schorr in a series of classic B&W  portraits and talk about his career of post-soccer and underwear and his family. The funny thing is that Collier Schorr compares him to a “beacon” which draws people close (or a bacon which everyone wants to bite as well, sweetheart).

“I might have tattoos and things like that but getting a masculine shot out of me isn’t always easy” David admits he is not as masculine as his appearance while shooting for the cover. Yet, we all know that clearly, and this is why u are more charming than those hunk models and celebrities. (Victoria revealed u will scream when u meet bugs and snakes and something like that via twitter, remember?)

Keep Running in Trunk
Speaking of his career of underwear collection, he has some self-doubt issues. “I’m getting older now. I’m not sure too many people want to see me parading around in my underwear much longer. My body’s still OK but it’s only going to be a matter of time before people are like ‘Really? Again? ’ ”.

Oh! David. To be honest, I do have the same thought, “Really? Again”, when u launch your collection twice a year. Yet, I still buy it. No joke, I am very look forward to seeing ur new campaign every year (especially running in trunk). Come on, we don’t have any chance to see u running in trunk in reality, David. Plz run on the street in buff as long as u can. Although I love to mock at u on parading in shirtless, this is the way people (or bitch) show their affection to their role model (REALLY, or I can’t find other hot role model to mock at! ).

When it comes to “Is going commando ever appropriate?”, he replies smartly. “Being in the bodywear business, no, I don’t think it’s appropriate.” Nice answer, David, if no one wore underwear, u would launch maybe, uh, socks collection or invisible underwear collection.

My worry about it is unnecessary as David has his own brand Whisky! (could you do us a favor? Drink ur whisky in trunk and we all will very appreciate it)  

Sweet Villain
Speaking of his family, his lovely family, when editor asks him about being ready for a teenage Harper unleashed on Miami’s beach, “I don’t even want to think about” he says and go on “I’ve told her she is going to be locked up in the tower like Rapunzel”. Wow, this is absolutely father’s thing , keep all the boys from his lovely daughter, remind u, David, ur former teammates have a bunch of cute boys.

There is one thing that David doesn’t like and doesn’t want to give a try, “Horror Movie”. His boy, Brooklyn, is this kind of movie’s fan and invites him to go together. “I can’t do that.” He replied to his son.

Now, we can get that, even u have mega-tattoo on ur skin, this doesn’t mean u are not afraid of everything (maybe this man has as sweet as cotton candy heart.).


Photos are from Another Man, TheFashionisto

No comments:

Post a Comment