Saturday 1 November 2014

[Cover] Shia LaBeouf - Desperate to be good





“Fury” is Shia Labeouf’s movie without any doubt (look what he’s done last and this year, I think his best friend is anger.)

Shia LaBeouf covers Interview Magazine Nov. issue to promote his latest film “Fury” and talks his story and the history of his disorder. This time, he showcases his cynical side in a series of B&W photos (the deviant side is his best and natural side for sure.)

  


Irony Boy
Before we hit the cover story, I have to warn u that it is not as ordinary as others’ interview talk about their new albums or films or something, it’s darker and more heartbroken, if u r ready, off we go.

“My upbringing was darker. The guys who I looked up to were far darker. So I rejected that label hard (as next Tom Hanks)”


LaBeouf reveals that he was raised on “The Simpsons”, “Bebe’s Kids”, and “South Park” with irony (Parents, watch out the cartoon ur lovely kids watch) and the guys who had material issue like Sean Penn appealed to him (It does mean that idol can form a kid’s behavior).

In addition to cartoons and role models that formed his personality, his father played a crucial role. “My greatest and my worst memories are with my father, all my major trauma and major celebration came from him. And I’m not ready to let go of it, because anger has a lot of power ” he talks explicitly and continues “We manipulate each other” (Maybe that can make a film names as “Gone Boy”)

The poorest thing is, he admits that he badly, desperately wants to go to college though he applied three times (Poor boy, luckily, u had experienced college life once in “Transformer 2”)


  

Desperate to be good
“I’ve been a runner my whole life, running from self. Whether to movies or drinking and drugging or fucking calamity or whatever it is, I’ve always been running”

U know he made a lot of notorious headlines last year and this early year, if u forget I can remind u here. This interview is his first time to talk straightly about his disorder issue after his custody. He admits that Metammodernism has influenced a lot of his action in public, and he does feel a deep hopefulness in his life and in my work.

As for an actor, he is definitely a great actor (as for a good boy, he is definitely unqualified) In 2003, he won his first Daytime Emmy as stared as Louis Stevens in the Disney Channel series “Even Stevens”. Movie is kind of a shelter to him, yet  I think movie is more like a strong drug to him” I am a dude who loves delusion. It’s why I love being an actor. I never have to actually look at myself or be faced with my shit or take responsibility”. 

And his deepest fear of being actor is being a bad actor.



Dear LaBeouf, we all can see ur hopefulness as soon as u put paper bag to cover ur face, that’s a great climax and been arrested in the theater is another climax thes two years. Ur personal life is more intense than some action movies. Nevertheless, like u say in the interview, “After calamity comes hope”.

Yet, Mr.LaBeouf, u doesn’t explain why u ran a marathon in horrible purple legging in Amsterdam. Why choose that scary outfit?



Photos are from Interview Magazine and u can read more cover story about him  on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment