Sunday 1 March 2015

[Film] Xavier Dolan & His Mommy





Xavier Dolan is the most talented young director recently. He won the Jury Prize at Cannes by his latest film, Mommy, last year when he was 25 year old (but he said he is always 25.)


When I first saw Xavier Dolan on web, I thought he is kind of nerd with Amazing looking. However, after reading the interview Jessica Chastain did of him forInterview Magazine, he totally blown me away.

He also interviewed by Out Mag as well, but not as deep as Interview Mag did.

Anyway, where should I start first, about the movie or about him? I think I should start with his great film, Mommy.

                                       


Mommy can tear ur heart
Mommy
has been selected as Canada's entry for Best Foreign Language Film for the Academy Awards. This film starts from Canadian law that allows parents to give their children up to the state without involving the courts or a fee. A widowed single mother, raising her violent son alone, finds new hope when a mysterious neighbor inserts herself into their household.

Obviously, this is the introduction of the film and the rest of it, you have to go to theater by yourself, honey. And the only thing I can tell you is that it is great (what a nonsense! Everyone know that )! The scene and the photograph in the movie like a beautiful poetry and to be honest, the OST of it is somehow so gay.

After complementing the film. Let’s back on the genius director, Xavier Dolan. He debuted his first film, I Killed My Mother, when he had just turned 20 in 2009(What! 20!). the most surprising is he started acting and writing at 4 and 9! (No matter of the memory of 4 or 9 are both blank to me! Shit! )




 


A Crazy Fan of ?
As an out director, he put more focus on the female row than on some cliché gay love story. He admits it’s all about his childhood.

“I was brought up with my grandmother, with my great aunt, with my mom, with my babysitters. All the ladies, "All the single ladies. It's who I am. They are the people I want to talk about, they're the people I want to protect, they're the people I want to put in my movies and see fail or win”

He also confesses that he is huge fan of  “Titanic”, a crazy fan actually. “The other kids were playing hockey, and I was drawing these clothes and writing letters to Danny DeVito and Leo DiCaprio. "Dear Leonardo. I'm 8 years old. I go to school. I love school." The letters started like that. Anyway, he never answered, and now it's too late.” I think this explains why he chooses one of Celine Dion’s songs as OST of Mommy.

Yep, when ur boy want to draw clothes instead of playing other things, u have to watch out, maybe one day, uh, I mean, maybe, uh, well, he his next talented designer or something!

When it comes to the story of coming out, Dolan reveals that he came out to his cousin when he was 13. Telling her
"I love women in my heart but not in my undies."

That was a nice script of coming out, Dolan. (No, it’s not!)


No comments:

Post a Comment