Sunday 5 July 2015

[Film] Magic Mike XXl - An Undeniable Candy House





Magic Mike XXl gives you a right and appropriate reason to objectify men.

Magic Mike XXl must be the most anticipated sequels this summer. You know, what else can be a better way to cool off in summer than watching sexy hunk man dancing with their rippling torso. (I have to say I’m confused it really cooled me off with heat me up after watching it)

The hottest thing of this movie is you can watch Channing Tatum, Matt Bomer and Joe Manganiello dancing in throngs at same time. (It’s fucking hot, isn’t it? Let me tell u one thing, no one can stay calm after watching Channing Tatum’s solo dancing, unless you’re a 100% heterosexual male.)

You may wonder how it works without Matthew McConaughey (He decided to hide his biceps after winning Oscar, damn it), let me tell you, this sequel has nothing to do with the last one. Honestly, it’s more like a comedy but with a lot of hot men and excellent dancers.

Did I mention that it’s not a great film? Anyway, who cares?

I’ve checked some reviews of Magic Mike XXl, I bet you’ve already knew comments. Like this, title “Magic Mike XXL shrinks male dancers down to size” Armond White wrote on Out Magazine, it’s so harsh. I do know and can follow the idea and metaphor that film wants to talk about. It has something to do with masculinity, reversing racial-sexual and female stereotypes, and the interpretation of male dancing to name a few, and I know this film doesn't make those points clear.  

But, hey, it just a comedy which wants to please women (or gay as well) or be treated like eye candy. And Joe Manganiello also said he doesn’t mind being treated like it, so why take this film so serious.

Yep, I do know some plots in the film are not logical and scripts are too erotic and too immature for film (being spoiler is not my thing, so enjoy them in cinema).

Again, it’s just a comedy, not a serious documentary. And it offers us the best chance to object man and it’s not a taboo or a weird thing anymore.

 Last, it’s quite interesting when Joe Manganiello said”
I’m not a stripper, I’m a male entertainer.” Un, quite deep, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment