Sunday 12 July 2015

[Style] ESPN Body Issue - Get Hot Heroes Together





Like I said before “Nudity is the best way to draw your attention.” Either in Hollywood or for charity, it works.


Who has a beautiful body besides models? Athletes have.

ESPN knows it very well, so it grabs a bunch of great athletes and makes them show off their physiques of hard work each year.  ESPN names it as “Body Issue” and has launched since 2009.

We all know that the career of athlete is very short and it require a very hard work to keep themselves being fit to deal with numerous competitions. I think it’s a very brilliant idea to strip them down to frame their bodies in photos at their best time, and to share their personal stories.

Since there are too many great athletes in 2015 edition, so I “randomly” pick five hotties to share (Do u buy it?).


Kevin Love – Basketball Player


"Some people live to eat, and some people eat to live"; I think you can figure out which one I was. But I always looked at it as an advantage on the court.

He opens up to ESPN about how he struggled with weight in the past (Can u consider him an overweight guy before?). He also shares some photos of that time in the video, that’s unbelievable and very hard to believe the man in such great shape was an overweight guy.  

 One interesting thing, he does Pilates. He takes it as a routine training and he also admits that he like working out in sand and there's nothing quite like it in terms of firing so many different muscles.(No wonder that his physique is so damn good.)

At the end of the day, I want to play until I'm 40. And I would like it to be my choice. I 100 percent think that my best basketball is ahead of me.













Tyler Seguin– Hockey player 
“It was breast cancer awareness and we all dyed our hair pink and did mohawks, and I realized how much my ears popped out. Ever since then I've tried to keep hair on my head so I don't have to look at those things.”

I don’t think it is a big deal, mate, somehow, those ears make you cute and look like a sexy elf.

 Tyler Seguin talks honesty about his ears and size issue. He wasn’t a tall kid but with size 13 feet
since 13 years old. (FYI, he is 6'1" now). Maybe this is a huge problem for a kid wants to buy shoes, but this is a very good advantage for playing hockey.

Another issue is his hip. “I use my hips too much. That's a big thing in hockey, the hips. So I started doing Pilates two years ago”(wow, he can practice Pilates with Kevin Love). He continues, “I get private sessions in Toronto. It's a lot of activating my glutes and my thighs. With all the training on my hips and doing all the Pilates.”

StanWawrinka -Tennis Player
“Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." This is a quote from Samuel Beckett and also a tattoo on Stan’s arm. It’s the key to win him Grand Slam [2014 Australian Open] and 2015 French Open.

“I see life in general, but especially in tennis, because even if you play well, even if you're top-10, you still lose matches. So you need to accept that and take the positives from that.” This is how he explains the quote.

Through the interview, you see a calm and wise man, even when it comes to working out.
 
“My body is for my tennis, it's for my sport. I'm not a model at all. I don't work out to go to the beach, I work out to play well and to do well on the court.” (Watch out, those guys who are weight-lifting in the gym.)


Will you think tennis as a puzzle? I bet you not, however, this is how he sees tennis. He takes it as a not need any more physical or mental game,  but you have to have all the pieces first, and then you have to put all the pieces together (does he mean the championship? ).
I told my mom I was going to be a pro athlete at 4 years old.

This was what he said to his mom when he was outside playing. Since then,
she's pushed him to where he is today.

We know that some athletes are crazy for tattoos (look at David Beckham) and Odell is one of them. He got his first tattoo ” Make dreams reality” on his senior year of high school (I have to say, If I did my first tattoo at this age, I would do a stupid and disaster tattoo.)

He is a very confident guy, but sometimes being too confident is not good. And he got lessons. “Sometimes I have too much confidence in my body. Like, "I'm good; I don't need to do this today." That's the reason I pulled my hamstring last year.”


Every athlete wants to be great, but he wants more. I want to be legendary. It's really simple to me: When they mention guys like Jerry Rice and Cris Carter and Randy Moss, you want to be in that category. That's the goal. It's not just to play for a couple of years and have fun.”



Bryce Harper - Baseball player

“Still playing hard but playing smart is where I need to be.”
Bryce is not talking about how to play with fabulous tactics to win the game. He means how to reduce the number of no-point move in field.
 
“ I look back on certain things that I've done ... we were winning 6-0 [in a 2013 game against the Dodgers], and I ran into a wall -- why? There's no point. Last year, I slid into third base on a bases-clearing triple. [Harper tore a ligament in his left thumb during the 2014 play that required surgery.] It's like, if you had stayed on second base, you're still playing the whole year and helping your team win. I've got to be smarter, definitely.”

Bryce is one of the cover guys this year, look at his biceps and you know why he can be on the cover. It seem like he is not satisfied with his physique, especially his abs. He wishes his abs were a little bit better (Excuse me?).

He points one important but everyone likes to ignore thing, Sleeping.
 
“Sleep is huge. That's your biggest way of recovering. In baseball, it's such a hard sleep schedule during the season, but you try to do the best you can. Because you can take all the protein drinks, you can do all these things, but your recovery is your sleep.”

So, if you want to have a body as hot as his, sleep more. (I am just saying! )





No comments:

Post a Comment